RN Educator will address the learning needs of the nursing and non-nursing staff with educational programs designed to meet resident care demands. They are responsible for assessing the educational needs of staff, coordinating programs based upon identified needs and ensure compliance with all State and Federal guidelines for in-service education and new employee orientation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess, plans, and implement educational programs based on the needs of the facility staff
- Establish the interdisciplinary master outline and monthly schedule of in=services based upon staff and resident needs alternating program times to accommodate needs of staff on all shifts
- Assist with preparation for long-term care survey.
- Use principles of adult education to create an optimal learning opportunity for staff
- Maintain comprehensive records of course offerings, attendance, course objectives, content outlines and evaluation of individual learning. Prepare written lesson plans
- Skills validation and job specific orientation of clinical positions
- other duties as required
Bishop Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is an equal opportunity employer
Qualifications and Skills
Train the trainer qualifications and/or 1-2 years experience as a RN educator
Current RN License in NYS
Current CPR trainer CertificationApply Online